Understanding the importance of achieving the sustainable development goals (SDG) at the global and national level, we seek to contribute to the achievement of the SDG 12 "Responsible consumption and production".
We determine the value of environmental certification and labeling in accordance with ISO 14024 as a transparent and reliable tool that contributes to the achievement of SDG 12 and the strategic objectives of state environmental policy, in particular regarding the following:
- Greening the economy on the sectoral level;
- Introduction of sustainable public procurement;
- Environmental awareness raising.
The main objective of our activity is to evaluate the products for compliance with environmental criteria according to ISO 14024 scheme in order to ensure the reliability of data on the environmental benefits of products within a specific category based on the results of the life cycle assessment.
Our main tasks:
- Compliance of the system of environmental certification and labeling with the principles and methods established by ISO 14020 and ISO 14024;
- Compliance with accreditation criteria and requirements for conformity assessment bodies for goods and services in accordance with ISO/IEC 17065;
- Performing certification works on a high professional level;
- Raising public confidence in our activities and ecolabelling;
- Promoting the development of the market of ecological production in the national and international markets;
- Increasing the level of satisfaction of applicants and users of ecolabeling;
- Supporting our authority as the leading body for ecolabeling at the national and international levels.
In order to ensure the confidence of all stakeholders in the results of our activities, we are guided by the following principles:
- Confidentiality and proper data storage;
- Timely response to complaints and appeals.
We continuously improve our quality management system and ensure transparency of our activities, focusing on the interests of the state, applicants, users of ecolabeling, consumers, our staff and society as a whole.
To ensure the effectiveness of our quality management system, we use a risk-oriented and process-oriented approaches.
The management of the conformity assessment body assumes the responsibility for the effectiveness of the quality management system, ensures the availability of resources necessary for its effectiveness and achievement of the planned results.